Monday, September 7, 2015

She's has to sit on something!

The Flower


Word of caution; when presenting a quote, you better be darn sure you are giving an estimate and let the client know. I am grateful my client gave me full range to create. I had this beautiful butterfly “Hanging in mid-air”, what to do, but create a flower!
This is where the term OMG really fits.
The designs of Art Nouveau came to mind. I love the lines and curves, the flower will have the feeling of movement. The butterfly will be sitting upon the a pedal, yes we add legs and antenna into the quote. 
Very involved! Many many hours labor.

Here's a link to share the beauty of Nouveau

The flower has large and small pedals, three each along with the base being three additional pedals. Next is the stem, three pieces designed to be welded together.
What does all this mean?
I went way over budget! Thirteen pieces over, that is intense labor! Thank goodness my client was very understanding, and it taught me a big lesson. It’s a very special gift and he loved the idea. I was lucky. I could have just given a bud for the butterfly to sit on.
Wire Mesh crates the pedals

Working on ideas for the stem

No comments: